Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wildflowers


I walked around Kent's Pond this afternoon (the rain stopped and the fog partially lifted). There are a lot of wildflowers blooming, here is a Pink Lady's Slipper (Cypripedium acaule) and Cracker Berries (Cornus canadensis). I also saw Starflowers, Corn Lilies, Wild Lily of the Valley (in the background of the Lady's Slipper photo), Dandelions, Eyebright, Lady's Smock, Wild Strawberry and Buttercups. Not to mention lots of ducks and ducklings!
Oh, yesterday's photo is the lampshade of my floor lamp but I flipped the photo upside down.

1 comment:

JAM said...

Beautiful flower. I've never seen a real one of these, only in pictures.

That was a good mystery with the lamp, I went to it first and commented, trying to read the one's I've missed in order, so I guess I get instant gratification to know what was in yesterday's photo. Even if I was wrong.