Thursday, November 06, 2008

Geocaching in Pouch Cove & Portugal Cove




It was a beautiful warm day so I went out to do some geocaches. I did 5 today. The first was in Pouch Cove. I've been here many times taking photos, it's very scenic. The cache in Portugal Cove involved a 20 minute walk uphill to the summit where there were great views of Bell Island and Portugal Cove. Unfortunately it was hazy and I was shooting into the sun so the photos aren't that great. But as I was turning to leave I saw a man on his horse on the very top of the hill. I certainly didn't expect to see that! I asked if I could take his photo and we had a nice chat about geocaching.

2 comments:

Tami Weingartner said...

I love it when you go out to take specific pictures...and you catch a photo that is unexpected. They are often the best ones.

I went out this week to take photos of a tree for a landscaper and got the shot of the turkeys.

Very unexpected...but turned out well.

Chris said...

That sounds like some fabulous geocaching!