Thursday, April 24, 2008

Looking for Icebergs








Yesterday when I was at Cape Spear I could see some icebergs in the distance. Since the wind was northwest I thought they might get pushed closer to shore overnight so today I went out in search of icebergs. My first stop was Outer Cove. There was a lot of pack ice in the cove but no big icebergs. I could see a couple in the distance though. Still, the pack ice and bergy bits made for nice photos. After supper Joe and I went to Pouch Cove where there was a beautiful iceberg near land. It seems a little early for icebergs but I hope there are more to come.

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

WOW, Karen. These are beautiful.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Wow, I didn't know people lived in places where they spot icebergs. I guess that's a silly statement, but it just never occurred to me. Great pix.

Jo said...

Awesome! I love the one with the sea spray. I really need to just drive out and have a look at these myself.

Jeannelle said...

Oh, my.....these iceberg photos are fascinating!